Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cooking and Ranting

(I suppose I spoil something for the television series Angel near the bottom of this post, so be careful.)

So, recently I have been trying to cook really good food for my family. Tomorrow, I'm planning on cooking Brown Sugar glazed Lamb with cranberry applesauce and glazed carrots. Two weeks from now, I'm going to make a Parmesan crusted chicken with white cheddar mash potatoes, a whiskey braised apple sauce and a oven baked beignets with strawberries. I don't even like cooking that much, I just like eating the food that comes from the cooking.

Yesterday I volunteered at a rummage sale for charity. Lots of people trying to steal. How terrible is that. Stealing from a charity is about as rude as it gets. Also, people were trying to haggle the shit out of everything. It's charity people, come on.

What else is there.

I got some books at the rummage sale. I got Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth, Out of Sight by Elmore Leonard, and Requiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby Jr. I'm so backed up on books now, I have no idea when I will get around to reading them.

Why did Joss Whedon have to kill Doyle on Angel? I've read his explanation but I'm not buying it. He was a damn fine character and would have been fun to watch for a long time. Also, let's have a moment of silence for Glenn Quinn and Andy Hallett. Both of these men were fine performers on the show. Hallett was taken from the world, and Quinn paved his own way, but both men died too young.



Tomorrow........ something.

No comments:

Post a Comment