Sunday, March 20, 2011

Paul and BJ, Powers

Me and my girlfriend went out to see Paul today. It is the newest film from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. The two have worked together before on Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, as well as the BBC series Spaced. All of those have been genius, and Paul nearly reaches that level as well. It will probably take a few more viewings for me to figure out exactly how much I liked it, but I can tell you that it was very good. I already plan on getting it on Blu-Ray.

After the movie, my girlfriend and I went to eat at BJs Brewhouse again. It was great. I got the pepperoni pizza and it was pretty good, but my girlfriends chicken Parmesan was magnificent. I won't be making it myself for a long time because it was so good.


I read the first issue of Powers last night. It was pretty good. It was actually Issue .5, so we'll see what the first real issue is like. It is about a pair of detectives who specialize in making sure that super heroes are following the rules. So who knows, it might turn out to be great, we'll see.

I also listened to The Strokes a bit today. Hadn't done that for a while. I forgot how good Is This It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment